View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 11:48 PM

Default Re: How have you taken advantage of being a poker pro?

nice post, james. I once wrote a song called truth and consequences and never figured out where I had originally heard the title, maybe a sign for that town!

for me, since I've always had poker to fall back on I haven't ever worried about taking long breaks from work. by far the most fun was a 2 month cross country road trip my wife and I took in 2005. we stayed with friends and camped whenever we could. it was a great way to see the country and spend time together. definitely something I'll remember for the rest of my life. since then we've gone on a bunch of camping trips and are looking forward to more (including rockygrass festival in colorado)!

another fun thing I did was take the summer off work and was a street musician in a trio, we played all over europe (sax, guitar and upright bass!). we had a blast, really one of the best times of my life. a little after that I went on a real tour of europe with an established group and it wasn't half the fun, although it was cool play some big shows.