View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 02:50 AM

Default Re: Kinduv awkward stacks for a 3-bet

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think i just call here, unless he's raised from LP with junk before. If u 3-bet he's not folding any better hands , maybe AJ if your image is tight. Your stack is ok to make it 2400 and open-shove any flop (if he's the type to flat with middle PP's then u can take the go-and-go aggro line.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Can someone explain to me how making a large raise and then shoving on any flop is +EV? I am not being condescending but I usually have trouble with the concept, and even more so specifically with this example.

If his hand is good enough to call a raise such as 2400 isn't there a chance he's holding something that can call almost any flop? For example, if he calls the raise with something like JJ, and then the flop has no overs, how do we expect him to fold often enough to make this +EV?

Obviously you look super strong pre-flop and your shove indicates more strength and you're gonna fold out a lot of hands that beat you here such as AJ,AQ and midpairs, but is it enough to actually be +EV for all the times you lose? I think the key is in the fact that he's calling a huge raise PF, meaning he is pretty strong too.

Help me understand this play because I see it advocated quite often and I have trouble pulling the trigger on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

1st of all, I wasn't "advocating" the move in question. If u read the last line of the post that you quoted, then u have an example of a player specific/read specific situation where raising to 2400 then shoving any flop is EV+.