View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Re: How do I avoid being devoured by a bot?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I, personally, think it would be ridiculous to build a bot and have it play the 2NL tables all day. #1, you aren't going to make much even if you do run it all day.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's incorrect, for reasons I pointed out earlier in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi pzhon, I know you hate me, but answer this for me.

Are you saying that building a bot and running it at 2NL is going to net the same or more than a bot at 200NL, or even 50NL? What would prompt a bot owner to choose to run a machine at 2NL rather than a higher stake? In the name of efficiency and utility I don't see how anybody would choose to do this.

A bot playing an average of 80 hands per hour on 10 tables, for 24 hours a day is going to play 19200 hands in a day. Running at 12bb(big blinds)/100, it's making $0.24 per 100 hands. This works out to $46.08 per day.

A bot can move up to 50NL (still low stakes), playing at the same rate on 10 tables. Let's cut his playing time to 5 hours a day, this works out to 4000 hands in his playing day. For my point's sake let's cut his winrate down to 9bb/100. Over the course of 5 hours the bot willi rake in 180 dollars.

If the bot moves up to 200NL, plays 4 hours a day at the same hand/hr rate, wins 5bb/100- $320 for the day.

The risk vs. reward here makes it totally irrational for somebody to run a bot at super micro stakes. Poker sites won't care about somebody 10 tabling for 4 hours a day, probably not even 8 hours a day- but 24... I'm sure you understand where I'm going here.

But that's not my point here, my point is to ask you what is wrong with the statement above you quoted and said was incorrect. If i am missing a piece of the puzzle as to how lucrative a 2NL robot can be, please, by all means...

Thanks