View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 01:18 AM

Default Re: 2+2 table blind defense

I think strategy in general for a 2+2 table is a bit, non-standard. Theoretically, the majority of the table is going to be a lot more studied and disciplined than the average fish. Furthermore, not only are most of your opponents more knowledgable than all the other .02/.04 players, the specific 2+2ers have probably read and if they're sharp enough they could remember some of your specific posts/tendencies.

All things considered I think that it is not unreasonable to assume that a shift in the balance of tactics occurs when the added psychology kicks in. Is so-and-so playing by the book or is he adjusting his play to confuse by-the-book thinking?

I know it is not a limit book, but I really liked NL Holdem: Theory and Practice (Though I disliked how they strayed from the tradition HU 2 hands and board, despite the good looking cover). So now to link it with the discussion, I found the part of multilevel thinking useful. "Is he making that bet because he is bluffing, or is does he want me to think that he's bluffing?"

Having said all that, I think I must agree with Pax and K5o is just too weak. What flops would you be happy to see? K5x, 55x, KKx, KKK. Aka, one King or 5 still shouldn't make you happy.

I don't know if I should, but I might defend a raise from the button. Raise from the Button says "I want your blinds, don't fuss." Raise from MP2 says "Bring it on."