View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 09:36 PM

Default The *Official* Unofficial Thread (UIUC: 3/2/07)

Tommorow, March 2nd is Unofficial St. Patrick's Day at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

For those of you who do not know, Unofficial is the biggest campus 'holiday' of the year. The bars will be opening very early (~8am I believe) and most people will not be attending class, and instead, drinking all day.

The university is trying to crack down on drunk students interrupting classes this year.

Here is a link to the University's plans to curtail drinking

I agree that going to class drunk is VERY stupid, and should have a harsh penalty for violating other students rights. However, I do believe students have the right to miss class whenever they choose, etc. We pay tuition, therefore we should decide if we want to go to class or not.

Anyways, I am planning to go to my 9am, then skip my 1pm.

Here is my tentative itinerary:

8:15 - Wake Up
9:00 - Class
10:00 - Nap
11:00 - Head-Over to Friend's Apartment
11:30 - Start with a few games of beer pong (I'm 115-9 with one of my friends...wOOt)
1:00 - Lunch, probably mac and cheese because it's Friday and I'm Catholic = no meat, yadda yadda...
1:45 - Resume drinking
4:00 - Siesta in order to make it through the evening
6:00 - Dinner - Antonio's Pizza mmmmmmm
7:30 - Edward 40-hands...this should be interesting
9:00? and after - continue to drink, and try to make it to midnight and not pass out.

I plan on drinking a ton of water throughout the day so I stay hydrated. I'm also going to try to keep all the booze down, although we did buy an extra garbage can just for puking.

I have never really been super-smashed before, so tommorow should be very interesting.

Here is a picture of the booze stockpile I will be indulging in:

Whoever else is celebrating, feel free to add your own stuff...

I am 0% Irish btw... And I know Keystone is crap beer, but it is VERY cheap...therefore a no-brainer to purchase for such things as beer pong.