View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 11:11 AM

Default Snowball\'s workout log

I joined the gym a couple weeks ago, and have mostly been putzing my way around on the machines, going to yoga classes, and doing cardio.

Today, I decided to bite the bullet, and do some freeweights. This was a bit of a challenge for me, because I am weak, and I don't even know proper form.

My warmup plan was to do some basic leg stretches, run a mile, and then hit the weights. Unfortunately, after 1/3 of a mile, my leg was screaming obscenities at me, and I ended up hopping on one of those elliptical type machines for ten minutes to finish up. Then it was off to the weight room [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

First came 3x5 squats. I did 90 lbs. without too much trouble. Next time I'll try 100 I guess.

Then I tried the benchpress. I tried 135 with a spotter, and couldn't even do ONE [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
So my spotter just said "start with the bar" and walked away with sort of a shocked/disgusted look on his face.
I ended up doing 100 lbs, and am pretty sure I could do more. Next time I'll try 110 lbs.

Then finally I did 1x5 deadlifts. I had this goofy russian kid give me a demo, and then I tried doing it with 70 lbs. It went fine.

Afterwards, I felt somewhat exhausted, which is good news/bad news. It means I got a decent workout, but it also means I am totally weak, and have a LOT of room for improvement.

Afterwards, I headed over to the 7/11 for some banana cream muscle milk. Yummy.