Thread: IGN Top 100
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 02:31 PM

Default Re: IGN Top 100

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FF7 is fine where it is - there are an awful lot of games in existence.

I think Goldeneye has been much higher on IGN's past lists. I finished it for the first time just a few weeks ago and it really does not hold up that well. I don't play a lot of FPS's, but from what I've seen, Half-Life 1-2 and Halo 1-2 are all better than Goldeneye, not to mention hybrids like the aforementioned Deus Ex. Even the original Doom is "better" from a historical perspective, and I'm sure it will be on the list.

[/ QUOTE ]

...No. People were just about melting their consoles because they played Goldeneye non-stop. you finished GE a week ago? maybe that's why you dont understand how awesome it is.That game pretty much created multiplayer, it easily destroys both Half-Lifes and both Halos. Goldeneye was utterly amazing. Games are ultimately about fun factor and replayability and that's where Goldeneye owns. I know of plenty of people, right now, that still play Goldeneye on a regular basis. The game is simply a top 10 game of all-time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played it at the time also, plenty of multi-player. I just finished single-player recently, and that gives me more perspective than you, not less. There are at least 5 FPSs that are better so it's impossible for it to be in the top 10.