View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 09:30 PM

Default Re: Pooh-Bah post: Level 0 exploitation

Glad to see someone else was puzzled by these examples. The points made are reasonable, but I was left thinking wtf on most of the hands.

We call a large three bet with 97s. Villian doesn't bet his over pair on this EXTREMELY WET BOARD....? I search for the villian that shoves A7 on a paired board to a huge river raise. I can't follow how we get to that river call with 99 when there are two overs and we can't see the action. WTF was villian doing in this hand with 43 for all his chips when he needs to double up and is short, trying to flop a wheel? I don't understand why suits don't matter in these examples. I don't undertand why villian stacks off with second pair on the first hand. There isn't much you are calling that flop bet with besides an ace after calling a large 3 bet.

How to beat calling stations is important.
Yes, some opponents play the first hand too aggressively.

Yes, Some times a 1/4 pot or weak bet after a 3bet pf is sometimes a trap (or a draw). (call and get thurr ???) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Yes there is a point of desperation. But understand the primary method for villian to double up and for you to swap to the short stack is for you to make that light/marginal call while behind. Agreed at some point depending on the blinds (<~750) it is correct for villian to shove a far wider range, steal more, and correct for us to call with less.

Love the logic an premise, Dave. Some of the examples threw me.

Mike