View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 02:28 AM

Default Re: Are all poker players degenerates?

[ QUOTE ]
Or is there a level one has to reach before being deemed so. I don't think I'm a degenerate, I only play free MTT a couple of times a week, haven't been to Vegas in a while altho I did play a STT at French Lick, IN. Does one have to drink heavily and chase women to be degenerate? That certainly leaves me out, thank goodness. The people I play with don't read here, so I'm being exposed to many new concepts and words. I don't mean that degenerate is new, but it seems that you can't say poker player without including it.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are actually some poker players that are quite religious, Doyle Brunson (Christian) is just one example.

I'm not attracted to poker because I see an opportunity for degeneracy. The way I look at it, I have played chess tournaments that had cash prizes, and run 10K races that had cash prizes. But there is more money in poker.

A few days ago I saw on TV a Scrabble tournament with a first prize of $50,000. We better watch those Scrabble players! Who knows what they do when the curtains are drawn?