View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Blinds, damn blinds...

[ QUOTE ]
My point is that blind steals are a separate situation from regular play. Since we don't have notes on whether this guy realizes that or not, or what he plays in this situation, folding a legitimate hand for one bet isn't a play I'm going to make. Reads from non-steal situations often won't carry over to steal situations. I don't remember how many hands we have on this guy, but I didn't think it was all that many.

[/ QUOTE ]

My counter-point is that blind steal situations don't lead to the neglect of hand reading and thinking about your hand strength. Many players made (continue to make?) this sort of mistake moving from full ring to 6-max. All of a sudden, any pair was the nuts and A-high was a good enough hand to showdown in every situation. But it's simply not the case. A blind steal in a full ring (well, 8 handed) game is not the same as a blind steal in 6-max, and is not like playing a heads up match. To call down here is to gamble that a player with 41/13/1.6 stats will turn into a super-aggro-monkey in a blind steal situation AND that the super-aggro-monkey didn't have a hand this time.