View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Passive-aggressive notes from my flatmate

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jimm wrote:

Okay, I understand - but why don't you close your door? If you need air, open a window a little. If you won't close your door, of course you'll be disturbed by anyone moving between 11pm-8am!
I always wake up around 6-7am (even when I start work late!) and need the bathroom. . There's not much I can do about that.
But, yes, I'll make sure not to use the kettle or bang around etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to hear what his response was to this.

Although some of his requests are outrageous (no toilet and door open) I agree that it's not passive aggressive... it's pretty straightforward and polite.

[/ QUOTE ]

No reply yet! We'll see.

He is 36 years old, no girlfriend though good at getting one night stands, over-educated, underemployed, but charming and sociable most of the time. Fun to go out drinking and partying with. But he's just cranky at home.

The Frenchman is similarly over-educated, under-employed, and last time I lived there spent his time watching / falling asleep in front of the TV, smoking a little dope, and eating take-out. Also girlfriendless.

It's a pretty good flat for me to be in, all-in-all: non-threatening, clever people, not entirely dissimilar to me, though perhaps not as screwed up.

The Italian and I were pretty good friends in the 9 month period between now and the last time I lived there, so it's a shame to see this bickering come up so quickly.

I think he thought what the [censored] was I doing up at 6am anyway, since I don't start work to 2.30pm. And truth be told my reason for being up - wanting to go to an all-night Internet cafe to play with some money that had gone into my bank account in the middle of the night - was a bit bonkers. This also meant I had to wheel the bike across the flat from the balcony where it's stored to the front door.

When I lived there before, I spent all my free time in the nearby poker club, and I would come in at 2-3am every night and there wasn't ever any problem. So I'm not sure why he's bringing it up now.