View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Boston Area Poker Club Robbed

[ QUOTE ]
Cant people pay the game runner for chips in advance and he can hold the money in a safety deposit box somewhere or something? Then cashouts can be done as requested? I wouldn't be comfortable having that much money loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the club isn't that big. Only two tables on the busy night, usually 1 on most other nights. There is a safe in there but it's never locked. I am sure if the money was locked they were still going to get it.

[ QUOTE ]
it doesnt make any economic sense for management to be in on it. think it through.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably you are right, but you can't discard the possiblity because guy running the game doesn't own the whole thing. I'm not even sure what his cut is. Also he could have pockted half the cash and pulled one over on the guys robbing the place. It would be a nice exit strategy. These guys definately had inside info though from someone who plays, worked or played there. To make up for the amount taken would take a few months anyway with expenses. These were pretty big games.

[ QUOTE ]
It makes sense that someone knows the management. The theives probably cased the place prior to the act. Proper security procedures would include metal detectors, locked up cash and other measures. This is the prime reason why poker needs to be legalized.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree on all accounts

[ QUOTE ]
Just a small gripe, I highly doubt they were carrying fully automatic weapons. If it looked like an M16 it was probably an AR-15, which is a semi-automatic version of the M16/M4.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad. I didn't stop to ask if it was the semi automatic or automatic version pointed at my head. I figure the result would be the same just a little less messy with the semi-auto version.