View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Chris Vaughn BluffMag multiaccounting

[ QUOTE ]
Mondo,
The analogy didn't say anything about hum publishing an article under his name that was written by somebody else. Even if that is the case than the analogy is saying him taking credit for the win is unethical not him selling his account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both are unethical. I thought it would have gone without saying that, in the analogy, the article would still have been published under his name alone. I give people too much credit for being able to follow a thought to its natural conclusion sometimes. My bad.

The best analogy is the dude who compared it to someone taking over a seat at a live table.

I don't know how you enforce such things, but really, it should be plainly spelled out on every poker site that taking over an account for any reason in any tournament is a bannable offense, and accounts/money will be confiscated.

Obviously, a site can't tell if two people are sitting in the same room and looking at the same monitor, but that would clear up most situations where two IP addresses play the same tourney. Even if it can't always be proven or stopped 100% of the time, does not make the act any less unethical.