View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Require health insurance assistance

Health Insurance companies can deny anyone for any reason UNLESS it's through an employer. So being self employed, and with pre-existing conditions you may have a hard time finding a company to cover you.

HOWEVER, if you're willing to accept a "rider" on your plan, then you can probably get coverage. It would basically state that any thing done related to your pre-existing condition would be denied, and you would be responsible for those charges.

Another idea that I would strongly suggest is Comprehensive Insurance only. It's much, much cheaper and would cover you in any emergency (broken arm, stepping on a nail, etc etc) and also cover you for anything major (cancer, AIDS, etc etc). For anything "normal" or routine (cough, cold, flu, etc) you simply pay cash at your doctors office.

For the most part people go to the doctor about 2-3 times a year at $120 a visit (average) vs. $200+ per month for health insurance. Unless you are on expensive medication, this is the way for most healthy to semi-healthy people.

(I own a medical billing service, feel free to ask any more questions that I may be able to help you with)

T