View Single Post
Old 03-11-2006, 04:42 AM

Default TD 2-7.. when both brick the first draw

Common scenario: HU pot with a raise and a call. Lets say that the call was from the BB and that we are playing $5-$10. Meaning at the first draw there is $22 dollars in the pot. Both brick and check. A few questions I have about this scenario

1) If your BB do and improve to 1 draw how often do you bet? Ill usually bet if the draw is good or check call any draw to a smooth 9 or better. I hate getting raised here when I make a play for the pot and have a crap draw. I think that may be too loose

2) If your the inital raiser in position and the BB bets into you.. How good of a draw do you need to call the $10 dollar bet into the $22 dollar pot. I feel fishy making this call and feel its incorrect a lot of the time.

3) To sum up: I know that a lot of this info depends on your opponent. Ill muck easily against the tighest players. But i think misplaying this situation can add up to serious losses over time. I dont think 2 BB in the pot justifys putting in one more to draw but i guess I could be wrong.

Thanks