View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 11:06 PM

Default Re: NLTRN - $20 reg - flopped a combo draw

landonfan,

the check/raise would be my usual play, as well, but here is why i'm asking.

stacks are 1500

preflop pot is 120

let's say villain's cbet is 100 (on average some people just pot it some are 60 or 80 but whatev)

that means my check/raise is to 300

if villain threebets (let's say he pots it to like 1000) we'd have awful implied odds (only 500 more chips) even though we'd obv never had any fold equity.

i know this could just be paranoia (or the wrong thought process) but i feel like a lot of the time that we have high implied odds (bc villain has a strong hand) our check/raise is unnecessary anyways and might get us blown off the hand.

obv the semi-bluff is still pretty strong on this board if villain will c-bet a lot because the board is not one where many preflop raising hands can really bet/call (since the majority will be UI cards in between the A and 6).

all of this being said, i think it might be better to donk the flop - it limits the betting a little easier in that it will fold all of those other hands like KT (albeit it does collect less money on the flop if we can be sure they're c-betting) and also keeps the expected amount of money put in a lot smaller - for example if we donk like 80 into the 120 and get raised (again around the pot so to like 500) we'd then be calling about 400 to win 700 in the pot and 950 in villain's stack (bc we can now assume that we can get it all-in if we hit).

i dunno, just a thought
bbbushu