View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 12:50 AM

Default Re: 200/400 stud/8 hand that plays like stud high

Call 4th. Bet out 5th. As played, fold. Basically, this is what I said to Joe when he showed me the hand and were his thoughts too, In think.

Now, 3-betting is worth considering but is quite risky. You'll look like a genius when the guy folds kings but there are many problems you could run into. TT - what is all this talk about the king folding 50% of the time? A guess? Or is that how much we need him to fold to make the play +EV (assuming a certain range of hands for the J).

Also, I'm pretty sure that QQ55 is a favorite over on 5th either KK or AA but an underdog vs both. So the statement "I tend to forget that overcards are a slight favorite on 5th street vs 2 underpair" is wrong as I interpret it or just needs to be clarified.

It would have been very interesting to know what the action would have been had DD bet out 5th. Since the action in fact went check, bet, raise, perhaps check/folding turned out best in hindsight (unless there is more to the hand??). But I think you have to bet, and probably hope the K raises with just one pair.