View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 04:42 PM

Default guidance counselors

I just got this letter, indicating that two guidance counselors at my son's middle school are no longer there. See if you can speculate what the reason might be. (I don't know myself). The guidance counselors in question are both female, if that makes a difference:

"Dear Parents,

I recently sent a letter to our parents informing you that xxx and xxxx are not in school at this time. I am writing again in order to provide some greater detail than I did in the original letter.

The issue involving the guidance counselors is a personnel matter. For this reason I cannot provide you with specific details about the situation. However, there are two points that I can share and believe are important for you to know. First, and most importantly, I do want you to know that at this time I have no reason to believe that the health and safety of any child has been put at risk. Second, [the guidance counselors] have been administratively reassigned and continue to be employed by the District.

I do understand that the lack of information is frustrating but New York State Law and the best interests of the school community prohibit me from sharing additional information."