View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 09:42 PM

Default Re: Bryce is \"In the Well\"

[ QUOTE ]
What is your opinion of how well a person who is not as apparently intellectual or mathematically proficient can succeed at HU limit? Is a person of average intellect somewhat doomed to fail?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. I'm not mathematician myself, and am strictly a + - / x guy when it comes to breaking the game down mathematically (no sigmas, please). Like most things with poker being able to do that sort of stuff in a quick and easy manner is a skill that you develop by using it. If people spent half as much time and energy trying to figure out how poker worked mathematically as they did worrying about what other people thought their opponent was likely to do or how well/bad they're running they would likely be very well off for it.

Also, some people who have played a ton of poker just have a freaky sense of how often certain things happen, and can combine that with a very strong sense what people are likely to do to produce a very strong game. Taking the mathematical route, however, is often quite a bit faster and much more powerful, which more or less explains a lot of the pros running around with extremely tough games that have a smattering of very weird leaks.

[ QUOTE ]
Hey bryce, how many lessons does your avg student take from you and whats the highest your students or student plays now..again thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

When I opened up for coaching for like a month I only worked with three students, all of who played in and around the mid-limits (about 10/20 to 50/100). I usually say that for any review I want a minimum hour of footage (I use recorded footage with commentary so that I can pause it and write up my points in full rather than do a live sweat session). Usually a review on an hour of video takes about 4. I also did a little bit of work with Fatal Fog a while back, but he's mostly developed his game independently of me. Who is FF is I won't say [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]