Thread: new laser mouse
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 07:41 AM

Default Re: new laser mouse

[ QUOTE ]
I just got this. Everything works except the back and forward buttons in Firefox( they work in IE). I feel like there's probably an easy solution for this, but I can't find it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I got this working and set the left/right scroll wheel to change tabs in firefox, which is pretty awesome.

Instructions on how to do it are here in rlowens' post at 2/26/2005 02:37 PM.

To edit the file he talks about you need to be go (in My Computer or any exporer window) to Tools - Folder Options - View and make sure the "Hidden files and folders" option is set to "Show hidden files and folders".

Mine seems to be working fine, so if you just want to copy my edited file here is a link to it. Before you click that link, right click the SetPoint (Logitech's mouse software) icon on the system tray and close it. Right click that link, select save as and navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application Data\Logitech\SetPoint\user.xml. Again, you must have hidden folders set to be visible to find this foler. Overwrite the existing file and you're good to go. Run "C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\KEM.exe" to reload Logitech SetPoint and everything should work.