Thread: AA all in
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Re: AA all in

[ QUOTE ]
hahaha sry everyone my english suck it seems like nobody understood my question i m asking for PLO with AAxx do u go all in against 2 opponents and is this a winning play in the long run?

[/ QUOTE ]

I misinterpreted your question to be "If 2 players are all-in in front of me, should I ever fold AA in a NLHE cash game?"

AA is about a 60% favorite vs 2 opponents all in preflop unless its up against another AA, but I thought you were wondering if you should go all in as "only" a 60% favorite? Actually, I thought it was a pretty silly question, but I tried to answer the obvious "yes" without being too critical.

I did not interpret it as "if two players limp should I always push AA preflop," because that seems even sillier than "should I ever fold AA if 2 players are all in preflop."

However, now that you have clarified that this is about PLO with AAxx, I should say that I have no idea what to do. My guess is that you have to find a PLO PokerStove equivalent and run the numbers to get your equity relative to your pot odds to decide if its +EV to call 2-all-ins preflop. And PLO High-Low Split probably has a lot different equity figures than PLO High depending on what your xx cards are.

I also ran an example on twodimes.net and found that AAxx isn't even the best hand in many cases.

cards %win %lose %tie EV
5s Ac Ad 2h 28.98 71.02 0.00 0.290
7s 6s 9h 8h 40.53 59.45 0.01 0.405
Qc Jc Tc Qd 30.47 69.52 0.01 0.305

lol, I don't really understand this game, but if I had 5s Ac Ad 2h and the other 2 players turned their cards face up and went all in preflop, but I had exactly 2:1 pot odds to call after the rake, then I'd fold because it'd be a -EV call. But in a real hand where you have to put people on a range of hands and act based on that range, I have no idea if you should call or fold with AAxx if xx are trash cards.