View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 12:25 PM

Default Re: T9 5sng.. I want to shove.

[ QUOTE ]
Poker Stars, $5 + $0.25 NL Hold'em Tournament, 10/20 Blinds, 2 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: 1,970
Hero (BB): 1,030

Pre-Flop: (30) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
SB calls 10, Hero checks

Flop: (40) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets 20</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to 80</font>

I felt like he had a flush draw. After the past few days, I don't feel like following through with my reads. Yeah, I am pretty sure he would have called.

And no, he is not going to fold anything, there is no purpose to raise pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave , even if he's not going to fold , you should still raise this pre-flop . Your raising for value since it's likely your hand is better than his . So you should raise as much as he's willing to call . That is , if you think you'll win more than 50% of pots , whether uncontested or not , you should be raising for value .

Mathematically , it is much more likely he hit a piece of the flop than he's on a flush draw . The odds against him being on a flush draw is ~ 3:1 since he'll hit a flush draw ~ 10.9% of the time . However , he hits a piece of the flop about 33% of the time .

So you have a few options :

1) If he's maniacal , you may re-raise this hand (but not shove) since you're likely to be ahead .

2) Just call if you think there is a decent chance you're ahead .

3) Fold against a solid tight player since you have little invested .