View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 06:10 PM

Default Not happy with the river card.

<font color="blue">Seems like a pretty straightforward hand, but I want to see what others say.

Villain runs about 56/17 preflop and 1.9 postflop over about 300 hands.</font>

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $102.80
UTG: $52.50
Hero (MP): $179.80
CO: $472.15
BTN: $103.10
SB: $100.50

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $10</font>, Hero calls $6

<font color="blue">Villain is passive enough preflop that I think I'm behind. I call to see if I can do some magic postflop.</font>

Flop: ($20.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $13</font>, BB calls $13

<font color="blue">I'm hoping villain has an underpair and I can bluff him off the hand. It doesn't look that way.</font>

Turn: ($46.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $40</font>, BB calls $40

<font color="blue">Hellooooooooo nuts! The board is a bit on the spooky side, so I bet strongly to protect from the boogeyman. I also put in a bit more than half his stack so that he can't get proper calling odds if he's drawing. Villain comes along for the ride.</font>

River: ($126.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $39.80 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $39.80

<font color="blue">River cards don't get too much uglier than that one. The pot offers me better than 4-to-1 odds and I have the nut straight. Also, both flushes missed. Also, the turn bet was big enough to commit me to the pot. I make a crying call expecting to be beaten the majority of the time.</font>

What say you:

Was this a proper crying call?
Should I have been happy to call here?
Are my odds too thin to put in the last money?