View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 01:51 PM

Default Re: Interesting flop situation with AT

Thank you all for your responses.

[ QUOTE ]
This is a very interesting situation. Unknown small blind ccalls 2.5 bets out of position and then bets into two pre-flop raisers on a flop with no flush draw, no open ended straight draw, and is likely to hit pre-flop raising hands. After his 3-bet we should try to put him on a range of hands that makes sense for a reasonable player and also remember that he's an unknown at a micro table and anything's possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes very interesting situation, you often see players donk into previous street raisers, often out of position like this, and we are forced to make a tough decision, with the original raiser behind us. What I was not used to seeing is someone donk into two preflop raisers, after calling 2.5 bets cold. Meanwhile holding a monster myself, caught in the middle. It was one of those hands when during the hand, I thought, "Wow, I can't wait to post this one."

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely raise the flop and hope CO holds AK.

Against an unknown SB, I'd consider calling his 3-bet and raising on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a line I hadn't considered at the time, my main focus was to get the money in on the flop because I didn't think that villain had me beat I put him on AJ or AQo I figured most will cap AK+... and he obviously isn't to worried about position donking into the raising field like he did.

I like this line you suggested and will have to consider it next time im in this type of situation.

[ QUOTE ]
With your line, would you have folded the turn to a check raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a known player who I have some stats and or reads on. I can make this lay down, providing that my stats/reads tell me some information. However, in this situation. I would b/c turn and c/c river, in order to make a not on this player. ie, "calls 3bet cold with 55 out of position, C/R turn with flopped set." However, as I said, I didn't feel behind here. I put him on AJ-AK and I never felt my read was wrong, during the hand.

Also, he left the table after this hand, and I never did get to make a note... [/sad]

Thank you again for your input everyone.