View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 02:14 AM

Default Re: rogue mods again

[ QUOTE ]
A couple quick notes,

1) A brief scan of the "who's online" listing for custom titles yielded about 35% custom titles with notes, 65% without. I'm sure some of my oldest titles are un-noted, and some of these are clearly old. However several of the notes included comments from other mods saying "Who gave this guy a custom title?" This is pretty sad. There really shouldn't be custom titles without a note on some guy with a page and a half of notes about what a [censored] poster he is. Personally I'm all for nuking such custom titles, especially if they are only a regular poster in your forum and you've had nothing but trouble from them. (I speak specifically of Snowball, a bbv regular.)

2) Man I hope Jeremy is OK.

3) If I could choose only one thing to change the power of the moderators, it would be that we would be able to perform "IP checks" for ourselves. I don't need the ability to do an IP ban, but it would be really nice to be able to figure out who trolls are, quickly, and not have to keep either a mental or physical list of IP addresses you've had trouble with previously. I find that dealing with people with 73 accounts is incredibly annoying, whether they are outright trolling or doing lesser garbage, it would be nice if the hundred of us could access this information without having to go through the 2 admins.

4) (3) said, if there were a way of making a handful of "mod pluses," who would have some admin like powers but not all, I think that would make things easier.

5) While I'm honored that someone said I would make a good admin, and think I would do a fine job, and think that at least one more person of the above mod level is necessary (2 bosses for 100+ mods?! there's just too much rote clerical stuff and such for that to make sense...), I couldn't do it if it was wanted of me. I just don't have the time these days. I would gladly help out as a "mod plus" or something, but I wouldn't be able to put in the hours I'd feel were required as an admin.

6) Mat, I'm glad you liked my previous post. I'm undecided if I really need to write up more than I put there to say what I think about stuff, but at some point I probably will.

7) Woo final exam completed, nap completed, Wii ordered, Job as researcher at the Becker Center offered, ship it.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

WRT to 3:

The only good thing in teh new software was that it appeared mods had this power.