View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 02:14 AM

Default Re: rogue mods again

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll be discussing it with Ryan. I welcome pms on the subject.

[/ QUOTE ]
You have about 100 mods but virtually no tools in your software for monitoring their actions.

No amount of new admins is going to fix this fundamental problem. You've outgrown the security features of the current software and that is all there is to it.

The good news is the problems you have been experiencing are basically trivial. It's amazing when you think about it that you have managed to assemble a hundred strangers over the internet and the mischief they have been creating is so insignificant.

You guys really are a good group of people.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. It's a miracle the boards are this well run and have this few problems, really. I mean, let's put this in perspective - this is a board about an occupation that makes hundreds if not thousands of posters six, sometimes seven figures a year...and we have almost no really bad trolls/moderation is mostly smooth despite the fact that we can't even run freaking IP checks, and there's no one guy that can probably even name 50% of the mods offhand. Seriously, this board does more with less than anywhere else I've ever seen.