View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Let\'s Work On CrazyEyez\' Swing

[ QUOTE ]
-I would start with reducing the hip turn, and keeping the right knee flexed in the backswing.
-Then I would get your takeaway knocked out (check golfdigest.com for some swing sequences, you will see some very similar things in the takeaway position where the club is horizontal to the ground.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I absolutely agree with these. OP, watch the swing again, and pause it at the top of your swing. You will notice that your right leg has straightened out to the point where your knee seems almost locked straight. You need to try to 'pivot' around that knee, but keeping it flexed throughout the backswing. This will immediately help get the club 'on plane' better, which leads to my observation:

The club head gets very 'laid off' as you make your backswing. Yes, the swing is very flat, but you have to understand what makes it so, and what to do to improve it. You are ahead of the game because the beginning of your takeaway is very good - you are getting the club started on the inside of the target line, which is what you want.

From that point, however, which is about the point at which the clubhead gets to the level of your hips, you need to get the clubhead going 'up' and around, not just around.

You can attempt to do this by cocking your wrists once you get that clubhead to your hips. Just feel that the clubhead, from that point starts going up and around your body until it gets to the top of the swing.

You may also want to try to shorten your swing a little. So many people fall in love with getting the golf club to 'parallel' at the top, but it isn't necessary. What is necessary is that your upper body and lower body are turning, and working together, back and through.

Man, I hate trying to explain what I see in a message board post. It almost always sounds like crap.

PM me if you have any questions.

-Jay