View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 05:15 PM

Default Re: The Well: Tom Bayes

[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you play 5CD ring games?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like tournament poker better. I like the "play until you win or your chips are gone" format of tournaments. Winning a poker tournament is more fun than anything I can do in a cash game. I'm better at tourneys than ring games.

That being said, cash games are probably a truer test of poker skill and a better place to make consistent money.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think that someone could play draw for a living?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think there are enough draw games at a high enough level to make a decent living off of them exclusively.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think that draw will become popular again?

[/ QUOTE ]
No [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] It will remain a niche game. Holdem is a much better game for casual players and fish, which in turn makes holdem a much better game for the sharks, which leaves draw to poker weirdos like me.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think badugi will become popular?

[/ QUOTE ]

No [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] It will remain a niche game.

[ QUOTE ]
You vs. Redskelt, who wins and how badly?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know who Redskelt is.

[ QUOTE ]
Can you play razz for a living?

[/ QUOTE ]
The answer is probably similar to draw in that there won't be enough juicy games at a high enough level to be able to play razz (exclusively) on a professional basis. If I had made the decision to try to play poker professionally or semi-professionally, I would have to have made a lot of different decisions. Instead of indulging in a wide variety of games, which I found interesting and entertaining and mildly profitable, I would have concentrated on a narrow fish-filled niche. In my case, I'd probably have concentrated on NLHE SNGs, but that would have been a boring grind, so I didn't do it.

[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you play more stud?

[/ QUOTE ]
I like draw more and flop games are easier to multi-table. I like to usually play 2-4 MTTs at once and it's hard to play stud well when you are constantly looking away to look at another table.

[ QUOTE ]
Can you teach me to play stud for a living?

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL.

[ QUOTE ]
Can you just give me some money, dude?

[/ QUOTE ]
Check your Neteller account for my p2p transfer to you.