View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 07:30 PM

Default Re: 400NL AT top pair reraised pot against a minraise from unknown

I would totally advise against 3betting the flop without a better read or different flow in the match than unknown. 3betting will only lead to you getting it in horribly or against some flush draw, which isn't the best case scenario in this situation I don't believe.

I would have been nice to notice how quickly villain min raised the flop here. That is something I strongly advice in knowing the timing here as I usually see people that instamin raise the flop to be generally weak or at least weaker than if they took some time before raising. Although, I probably do overvalue timing tells.

I believe default is stack off here by calling and check/raising turn, but I do think it is close between check/folding and stacking off on the turn. But, it is early in the match, and if it is close I generally do like to find out some information on what he min raises the flop here with and how to react to this later.

So, I'd say check/call here and check/raise some non-club turn (folding a club turn). If goes check/check on turn, check/call river non-club and check/fold a club.