View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Re: Person to person transfers.

[ QUOTE ]
Insinuating that Yellowsub shouldn't be trusted because he doesn't post in this thread is ludicrous.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oliver, thanks for your input. It never hurts to have another set of eye at work here.

I plead not guilty, you honor.

I'm sure you've seen how I sometimes employ subtleties. I'm equally sure that you've seen that at times I can go full throttle to excoriate someone who's earned it. (Remember pkrblog?)

In this matter, I was hoping to convey with candor my assesment of yellowsubs' trading ability. I had no intent of impugning yellowsub, and I apologize to you any anyone who took umbrage.

I have to admit, I did no research on him aside from a quick search for posts here regarding recent trading. Since those were lacking, I read some of the others, and found them to be mostly substantive.

In light of that research (research is a lousy word for what I did, but it will have to suffice for now), I felt that a fair assessment of his trading ability could be reasonably categorized as 'untested', not 'reliable', not 'unreliable', simply 'untested'. I still feel that way.

Please note the disclaimer.[ QUOTE ]
I could be wrong about the untested part, but I don't recall seeing yellowsub recently active here.

[/ QUOTE ]I hope that you'll agree that that is a screaming invitation for scrutiny.

His lifetime winnings are of significance, inasmuch as it shows an ability to trade at that level, but I'm sure that all seasoned traders, such as yourself, can agree that that is but one facet of successful trading.

We have no sure way of knowing what research LNJ did, if any.

We have no sure way of know what agreement they made regarding the timing of their trade, if any.

There seems to be no argument about the other salient points.
-----
Slightly off topic.

I have the feeling that I'm wagering on the wrong horse in this race. The smart money is heavily favoring YS.

(Warning, insinuation coming)

I'm slightly dismayed that yellowsub can accept a transfer, then take more than an hour send his share, then be quizzical and cavalier in his replies to LNJ's straightfoward questions.