View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 10:07 PM

Default Re: It\'s time for the R Word...

[ QUOTE ]
Well, a "charging players" thread, anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it's a "sharing the expenses" discussion.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking of $2 off the top for those who buy-in to the $40 game, $5 off the top of the $100 game. Additionally, anyone who leaves with more than $200 kicks in another $5. Anyone who moves up games pays the additional $3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? It's not profit sharing, it's a shared expense. Everyone (INCLUDING you) should pay the same amount.

[ QUOTE ]
and a stocked bar of hooch/soda. BYOB, but I have coolers and ice. Plenty of weed floating around.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is where you're steering towards trouble. You do not want to end up on the wrong side of your state liquor board, or the DEA (local or otherwise)

[ QUOTE ]
How does this seem to people? I'd really like to charge the least amount that reasonably does what I need it to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

"need it to do" needs more clearly defined. You might want to re-examine whether "want" means "need"

[ QUOTE ]
and give me some carrying around money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you're veering off into the underground cardroom weeds again.... not my recommendation.

The semi-private club idea was a bit intriguing, but can you limit access to just poker nights? Will the neighbors in the location's area have problems? What about security?

[ QUOTE ]
can't just ask for money to cover the night's expenses, because I'm looking beyond that. There is economy in scale. I buy liquor by the case. And expenses fluctuate. Could be a new table one week, chairs the next, replacement cards, lighting fixtures, artwork, pinball machines, movie screen, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

We had a similar thread about half a year ago, I think, where many argued against the willingness to pay for a palace that they don't get to keep as their own.
How high is this nightly expense fee going to be, to cover all of that?