View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 09:49 AM

Default Re: How to play suited connectors pre-flop?

Here's my basic strategy on playing suited connectors. i'd be grateful if some of the more experienced posters would demolish it for me.

UTG-UTG+1: 6-handed I basically never raise suited connectors from these positions. I used to, but don't anymore.

CO-BTN, first in: Unless BTN is a shorty/calling station type, i'll open-raise SCs and suited semi-connectors down to 75s. the most important factor I consider when raising from these spots is stack sizes, and then villains' PF and post flop tendencies. If one of the players still to act is aggro PF and either 3-bets or folds, i'll fold everything under T9s from the CO unless i feel i can profitably call a RR.

CO-BTN, after limpers: here i consider 3 things:
1. Stack sizes: if we're deep, i'll raise damn near anything i would complete in the SB after 1 limper.
2. Number of limpers: i'm less likely to raise SCs if there are many limpers, both because they're less likely to fold to a steal and because of...
3.pot size on flop: the number of limpers PF affects the pot size on the flop, obviously. this fact(AND the likelihood that 1 or more villains will have hit and continue beyond the flop) means that large pots by the river are much more easy to achieve and MASSIVELY increases implied odds. this is particularly effective against calling stations, and TAGs who'll go crazy with TP in a multiway pot. I'll limp behind with 23s and 54o OTB if 2 calling stations limp ahead and i'm basically guaranteed a 5 way flop.

BB+ SB: too complex, suffice to say if i'm facing an open raise from BTN i'll usually fold or raise SCs below JTs depending on BTN's tendencies. If i'm BB and SB called ahead of me i'll raise a lot more.

WHOOPS, JUST REALISED I MISREAD YOUR QUESTION. SCREW IT, I'LL POST WHAT I WROTE ANYWAY.

In regards to your question, i think it might be a bit too general to answer quickly.