View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Undisciplined Players

oi, you know i've been playing at an infrequent home game with a bunch of loose aggressive hieniken-drinking vietnamese... your tourney peers sound suspiciously like some of these fellows! when i began playing with them i was an absolute poker-n00b that landed on the losing end of things after every night of playing "you know the next cards gonna be?? NO? me neither! ALL-IN!! hahahaaha!". then i grabbed a couple books.

a few months later... well, i'm still no pro at this game, and i make crazy mistakes all the time, especially online, but against these loud laughing Viet. i have one helluva good time now that i've learned how to fold appropriately, and how to bet big when i hit the flop to eat all their chips.

my best night to date was just last weekend, i made a nice little folding octagon poker table and brought it out for its debut. 3$ buy-in/re-buy for 40 chips, 1&2 chip blinds, and at the end of a couple hours i was up $80!

hyper-loose-aggressive players are your best friends! play slightly-tight very-aggressive for the first rounds until you chipstack can take a good hit, then loosen your PF hand-selection quite a bit, call those crazy early raises with your spare chips and then punish them when you hit the flop. you didn't hit? fold, cuz you can't win with a bluff against these fellers. fold, and dont worry that you called a 3$ all-in. you've a huge stack to be liberal with and that lets you play more hands and win more hands. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]