View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 06:30 PM

Default Re: I need to be humored...

Against these players, I'd fold both without even giving it a second thought. I think the second hand is closer, but he'd have to be a lot looser. Even then, given the oppressive rake structure at 5/10, I think the play is probably a losing one.

To your follow-up questions:
1) Against the player I think you're describing, my defaults would be: AJo+; ATs+; KJs+; KQo and 77/88+. But, that could change a bit depending on what I think he's actually opening.
2) I really have no idea, and can't make an educated guess.
3) No, I don't think so because there just aren't many boards where you're going to be comfortable enough to actually value-bet all three streets. What will happen more often is you'll bet the flop/turn and check behind on the river, which is pretty much what the other guy is hoping for.

Lately, I've been trying to really tighten up my range when playing 5/10 or below, so I can't really answer that until I get a better handle on what I'm doing wrong at 5/10.

On the AK9 flop, if he just calls the flop and checks to me on the turn, I'm definitely betting. It might be a lot closer than I think, but I against the guy described, I have no fear of being bluffed off my hand if he decides to check-raise, and I think the broadway hands compose a fair amount of his range. If I do check behind on the turn, it'd be with the intention of re-evaluating the river: I'd definitely fold a Q/J/T, but if your range is accurate, then I think the river should be a fold regardless unless you hit your set.