View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Another Investment Fish Seeks Advice

OK. Thanks guys.

So, I am going to go with the assumption that I am a profitable poker player. I have played very modest hours this year and I took 2 months off. I am also in school and didn't play a lot in January and February. I am still up something like $150 which I probably consider slightly below avg for what I can do. What I am trying to say is that, in future income, I think $300k a year is about what to expect if everything stays status quo.

In terms of assets - I don't really have a whole lot. I have basically all the computers, tvs, etc that I want. I've basically spent a lot of money on a couple trips to cool parts of the world. I don't drive - and I don't own a car. This doesn't really bother me. I don't own a home, and I rent at college for something like $550 a month so it isn't too bad.

Would you guys move everything out of Oakmark into Vanguard index fund? Should I just be looking at an SP500 index fund? Or is there something else that I should talkk with some people about and find out about that they offer?

How does this look:

I take the $170k I've got in Oakmark and move $100k of it into Vanguard Index Fund (Funds?)

I take the remaining $70k and put it into citadel giving me about 55% citadel and 45% Vanguard.

Any additional money I make I put in at a 65% citadel 25% vanguard and 10% cash. How does this sound?

Let's say I've got like 2-3 different funds going on Vanguard and then Citadel, does that qualify as "diversified" which I guess is the ultimate goal.