View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Best Fighting Game Series: Round 2

eh I could write forever on this topic but I'll just say SC is thought of as the worst series by fighting game enthusiasts in general. Its basically a simple game that revolves around a few powerful moves and setups/combos, and sidestepping/walking. No one I know really enjoys playing this game against good competition, and its nowhere near popular in the tournament world.

VF is probably the best overall 3d series in the end but its main problem is its a very difficult game for beginners and even mid level players to get into, but when you and your friends get good it has some of the most enjoyable play of any fighter.

Tekken is a terrific series that intentionally removes some of the skill and reactions necessary in VF to play well, more or less leveling the playing field so that mid level players can still have fun with the game. I have played tekken more than any fighter and overall have enjoyed it more than any game series. It is also probably the best developed series - while it took VF 10 years from the release of VF3 to VF5, very little was actually changed or added, its still the same game. Tekken however has added and improved upon its game significantly in every iteration.