View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 02:38 PM

Default Re: What is Harrah\'s Thinking?

[ QUOTE ]

I will bet that out of the 500+ dealers at WSOP, less than 2% even know WHAT A SLUG IS!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

What planet are you living on? I would say over 50% of dealers know what a "slug" is (possibly over 90%).

My bigger concern is shuffle tracking. I believe most people that think a scramble is not needed are largely ignorant with regard to shuffle tracking techniques. Maybe some people think the ability to memorize card strings and incorporate that info into likely card distributions is a skill that should be incorporated into poker, just like any other skill. I do not.

I do agree that the vast majority of dealers are honest and/or incapable of the mechanical proficiency to capitalize on poorly shuffled decks. However, it only takes a fraction of 1% to make it an issue. And the downside from a "poker scandal" could have a huge negative impact on the poker world. (Note: it is unlikely a proficient mechanic would ever be exposed).

I would rather have a scramble, and rest easy knowing the game is devoid of abuse from opportunistic players and rogue dealers alike.