View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: NL 400 - Sticky situations or I just suck postflop

Hey OhioSt2k,

Hand 1, my read is slightly different on Villain, so I would shove happily and expect to be called by his whole range, which is JJ+ /2 pair/set most of the time, QJ once in a while maybe, never air, and obviously the overpair is most of the range. Overpairs are by far the most common hand he'll have here IMO. Also, I'd fold pre-flop vs. a Villain like you described.

Hand 2, I'm surprised you c/r'd flop. Normally, that will not work on this board vs. hands you want to stack. However, you say you were spooked when he called the raise? That makes even less sense, since a call by him is the same as a shove here, and you were presumably shoving for value and not trying to bluff out AA+ [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] There's no money left compared to the pot; no decision after you raise flop.

Hand 3, Villain is terrible if he plays like you described, but he obviously has you smoked here. Also, I think a shove is a lot better than a small raise, with the diamonds on board (but I agree with everyone that a c/r is bad).