View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 03:23 PM

Default Re: ask Dcifrths...well, anything...about finance/mkts/ports that is.

[ QUOTE ]
Barron

Thanks for taking the time to do this. Can you ellaborate a little more on this?

[ QUOTE ]
i think i would have used my alumni more. i don't think i took full advantage of that resource. partly my school's fault. mostly my fault.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am 26 and a math teacher. I am looking at a career change and an MBA seems to be my best bet. I have 5 years of solid management experience with good references. I am trying to decide weather I should go full time and leave my job which would take 1.5 yrs to complete. Or part time which would take 3 yrs to complete. I have the benefit of summers off which may give me a chance at an internship or extra credit hours to shorten the time length. My concern is that taking the part time track would give me an MBA (focus will be finance) at close to 30. I worry that I will not be as marketable due to my age (maybe this is just a mid life crises fear). Any thoughts suggestions? I will likely still do it part time as I do enjoy my job and I can’t justify the loss of income to my self. TYIA!

[/ QUOTE ]

im sorry.

i'm not a recruiter and i dont know about this. but i can tell you that at the age of 26, i was on the left end of the age distribution at my MBA.

Barron