View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 10:21 PM

Default Re: Lloyd Carr Retiring

[ QUOTE ]
Are you joking? He's had 1 year (not even) at scholarship program. He might be 5+ years down the road (or might have been), but to hire him at this point would be sheer lunacy. Granted, they're winning about as many games as I thought they would with that schedule and talent, so it's not like I think he is necessarily doing a bad job, but there's no real track record to speak of and absolutely no reason to take a chance. Plus it would be a total Notre Dame move to do something drastic because of a win (or "win") over USC.

People need to be longterm about this. Tedford has turned a crap program into an excellent one. The fact that "OMG he's lost 4 games!" isn't entirely irrelevant but if you're moving him from 1st to out of consideration after his team wound up 6-4 you're just way too short-sighted. With all the information we have you really shouldn't be moving people that drastically, much like the Heisman Race in week 10.

I know you specifically may not have done that with Tedford, but lots of people have and I really hate that 5-minute attention span.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't advocating Harbaugh, for the reasons you mentioned, plus others, I was just curious if anybody thought he would have been given some consideration.

BTW, I would take Tedford in a second. Cal is not an easy program to attract top recruits. The job he has done there is nothing short of amazing, especially consideration the state it was in when he arrived.