View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 06:46 AM

Default Re: Knowing your math. Basic draws.

1) I call. We're getting 3/1 on what is a 4/1 shot, and figure to make at least $40 on river if we hit. If he has a set and we only have 7 outs, that at least guarantees we get paid off if we hit on river I think. I don't like pushing because I don't think even a strong ace folds here often enough.

2) If I c-bet this flop I make it 16, not 12. C/f turn. These kind of players just don't give up enough with top pair or a draw IMO and we don't know that we have any more than 4 clean outs. If this player 3-bets PF, standard play is to fold and wait for a better spot. Occasionally 4-bet.

3) Fold. We're getting less than 3/1 on our draw. Against a nit there is no fold equity here I think so pushing is out of the question. Also, it may look to him like we're drawing to spades, so if we complete our draw with a spade we may not get paid anyway. OTOH, if this is true then it gives us 7 more outs to bluff with on the river, but the combined possibilities of either not getting paid off or a big bluff failing to work still makes this a turn fold for me.