Thread: Tourney info
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 12:05 PM

Default Re: Tourney info

Yeah I know the tournament forum is just NL tournament. I've played in four stud tourneys this month (3 at UB 1 at foxwoods) twice making it to the final table, and I have the WPT one coming up in October so I want some advice it's just so hard to find any articles. I have read Sklansky's book, and he gives some stud examples and the GAP concept does work exactly like what Andy said loose raiser tight caller, but I'm curious as to what type of hands to play in general. For instance would I play a small pair with a low kicker? If I try an ante steal and get called do I continue to invest money in this pot? Do I play draws at all?

It appers to me at leats that by the later levels the betting and decisions are really made in the first three rounds thrid, fourth and fifth, and then after fifth eveyone is betting and there is too much to get out of the pot. I try to do ante steal here and there, but for the most part not play unless a great hand like Aces of Kings that I can ride to the end. Also does low pair with A kicker go up in values, does a small concealed pair with low kicker go down. And I only play a flush draw if I have at least 15 BB and the suit is very live. With two out I'm not playing and definitely not with one.

It's just very hard to find information on this subject, and harder to find enough games to get the experience. Thanks.