View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 06:10 PM

Default Re: I may have been cheated...

Thanks a bunch for the feedback, folks, and for slogging through all that. Yeah, I write too much, but I just wanted to get a lot of ideas across. I felt like I was making it too strong of a case that he cheated, so I tried to temper that, but apparently either I did that too much or I just don't have the right perspective.

I'm not trying to find a way to get over steaming over a bad beat, not at all. I was completely fine with his call and completely fine with the results (aside from a slight stinging sensation). I WANT these kind of calls, and he makes them all the time, and I love it. I take bad beats very well (if only the rest of my game were as good), and think I played the hand well for the players and situation. It just seems a lot of coincidences around this hand. I wasn't even considering that something was wrong until someone else mentioned it to me on the drive home.

I don't think he stacked the deck. I think that he either deliberately or inadvertently glimpsed the river card when the burn after the turn was exposed. He seemed torn on calling when he thought I had a bigger draw, but almost instantly called when he knew I didn't.

It's not a $40 loss (actually $13, I had him covered), it's a $200 loss. But yeah, it's really just $13. This is the smallest game I play, so no biggie. And this wasn't the only thing to give me a weird feeling through the night, overall it just got a bit more out of hand than usual, and I have another standing invitation with another group (not poker) on the same night, so I'll just take next week to do that instead.

Again, thanks for the responses. It's good sometimes just to get an outside perspective, since those of us in the mix sometimes can't see around us very well.