View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Re: I may have been cheated...

[ QUOTE ]
But here's what REALLY makes me question it all. On the turn I knew he was drawing and I knew I was best. I felt I had earned enough, and it was better long-term life EV to just end it there. I bet because I had to, but told him to fold because I had a strong made hand. He had been tanking for a while up to that point, but he even said afterwards that once I said I had a made hand, it made it easier for him to call. He was fearing I had a pair with a better draw. So if he knew the river gave him the flush, it became a snap call for him. On the other hand, he loves to call with long draws anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I did my math right, you pushed $160 into ~$130 pot. If he had two clubs and any broadway card, then he's got 14-15 outs to two pair or better (your strong hand could easily just be AK). He still doesn't have the right odds to call, of course, but this is the sort of call that poor players will gleefully make all night. Even with just two clubs, I know plenty of bad players who will call here, especially at the end of the night if they are stuck.

Also, if he stacked the deck to give himself the flush, I just can't imagine that he would ever consider bailing on his plan because he thought that he might have accidentally given you a better one. And of course, if he knew the river club was coming, I really don't think he'd talk about his thought process during the hand.

So I really doubt you were cheated, at least not in this hand.