Thread: APPT Korea
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 11:46 PM

Default Re: APPT Korea

I was in Manila.

I busted early in the main event when my floped flush crashed against a better flush. After that :

- deception : the other events had very poor number of players. Just 30 players for one 500 NL holdem...

- but happy : I won this 500 NL event for 5200$ win. And I won a 100$ + rebuys sat to Seoul. So i will be in Seoul

- good points : in this kind of "little" tournament, the invited "stars" (Negreanu, Hachem and some others in Manila) are very accessible. I played one 1000$ Sit and go with J Hachem.

- Cash game. it was like 2/4 US$ NL, US$ 5/10 and US$ 10/20 and some Omaha but all played in pesos... 3/4 tables untill 5 pm and 10 or 12 tables after.

Bad point : it was played in a room, which is not a poker room. Good instalation for the torunament area, but very poor for the Cash game (and lots of smoke in the CG area)

The organization is good. Pokerstars as a sponsor do his work and offer coktails, dinners... and australian people who organize the tournament are pro and very cool.
It was not easy with dealers who are justr learning poker rules... but I didn t see big problems (just some dealers are very slow)