View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 08:03 PM

Default Re: Stars $60 45-man push

Depends on the blinds' calling ranges, but unless they're super-loose, it's a push.

Here's a very rough estimate for you -- SB calls with 22+,A2+,K9+,K6s+,QT+,Q8s+,JT,J9s,T9s,98s. BB calls with 55+,A7+,A5s+,KQ,KJs,KTs,QJs,QTs,JTs. (Obviously, I have no idea whether these ranges are accurate. SB could be calling with any 2 here, and the BB's range could be like 99+,AT+.)

But again, going with a pretty rough estimate here -- SB calls you about 31 percent of the time; BB about 16. You'll take the pot down uncontested 53 percent of the time. 65s wins 38.2 percent of the time against SB's given range and 35.2 percent against BB's range. (I'm too lazy to account for possibility of both of them calling you. It won't happen very often, and therefore will not make a significant impact on the calcs).

Anyway, the shove is +EV if my ranges are anywhere near theirs.

As a general rule, you can shove pretty wide with 10 BB's on the button, but watch out for either people who don't care and will call you with 43 off suit just for the hell of it, or those who realize what you're doing and will call you with something like K7s.

Hope that helped.