View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 09:50 AM

Default Re: Early UFC 74/75 Lines

i def think GSP is the favorite but i wouldnt be surprised if the line gets pushed so far in his favor that i end up on Kos on this one. I think the right line is somewhere around +250 so we will see where it ends up. i think it is an interesting style match up and Kos is such a strong wrestler that aside from the very very best he will be able to LnP his way to decisions fairly regularly. he is so good that he may even be able to put GSP on his back and win a decision. few people have the take down defense that GSP has but noone ive seen has a shot comparable to Kos's. it Kos cant take him down it is gonna be a very tough night for him for sure. Even if he can take him down i think he will still be a significant underdog but depending on where the line ends up there may be value in Kos, imo.

the rampage fight is also interesting to me. should be competitive and essentially a coinflip imo. may not be a great syle matchup for dan but he is so good that i think it is anybodys game. i would love to see him win and then take on sylvia to try to get ahold of all 4 belts.

the couture/gonzaga fight is hard to pick for me. i dont know that much about gonzaga but from what ive seen he looks good. couture may find himself having a tough time with him. he said himself that he would rather face cro cop and this could be telling (although he may have picked cro cop to win and have been playing a mind game). id have to think this is close to a coinflip as well although i may be leaning a little towards gonzaga.

the bisping/hamill fight is pretty line dependant imo. hamill may be a great wrestler but he obv does not like to get hit and regardless of whether or not bisping is over rated he is explosive and i just think there is too good a chance of him catching him at some point and knocking him out. id have to think he is a significant favorite in this one.

all in all i havent seen anything im too excited to bet on yet (that generally doesnt stop me though)