Thread: Cigar Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 04:32 PM

Default Re: Cigar Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I think opus X, adn the padron aniverseries (26 and 64) are really over-rated, they are kind fo harsh, even thogh they burn good.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with this. I've smoked Fuentes for ten years and had heard all about the Opus X before I finally tried one about a year ago. (I used to live in Dallas, and apparently they weren't available west of the Mississippi for quite a while.) All I can say is... meh. It was fine, but I much prefer the Hemingways. And I was completely underwhelmed by the Padron 26 that I had -- a $20+ cigar and I perhaps smoked half of it. It certainly wasn't a matter of bad construction or anything, it just didn't match my taste.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to agree with you guys on the Padrons burning a little harsh. The first quarter is usually very pleasant, followed by a mediocre finish. I haven't tried the Opus X yet but I may not if you are comparing it to the Padron. Tonight I'll probably smoke an Acid I bought because I hadn't smoked one in some time, then I'll go to the store and pick up something else.