View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Overplaying a 3-bet pot

[ QUOTE ]
1) When someone's 3-betting light, your implied odds are low. You should be folding more, 4-betting a little more and calling a lot less. ATo is definately one of those hands you should 4-bet or fold. I guess there's some merit in deciding to call with the intention of making a move on some flops, but I'd rather do that with pocket pairs, since they can flop sets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with the intention of calling light with pocket pairs in a reraised pot because they can flop sets. First because it suggests that you're getting the odds to play for set value which is wrong. However, you were obviously suggesting that inorder to offset your low chance of hitting a set that you should try and steal the flop when you miss.
I disagree with your point here.

If you miss your set on the flop and then push over a Villain's continuation bet than you're obviously turning your hand into a bluff which is fine. However, the times when your bluff gets called than your almost surely drawing to 2-outs and have low equity. On the other hand, if you call preflop with a hand like AK or AQ and push on a flop that misses you and get called, you can often be drawing upto as many as 6 outs and thus have lots more equity when alot of money gets in on the flop.