View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 04:16 AM

Default Re: i check fold my overpair in 3bet pot

I still would've bet 2/3 pot and shut down immediately to any call or raise. I would expect an 11/6 to reraise with AA most of the time, and KK a lot of the time. QQ, JJ, AK I can see him calling preflop, maybe TT.
This is how I would think about his hand range.
TT, JJ, QQ, AK >>>>> KK >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>> AA

This could obviously be off depending on the villain, but I doubt we can say that AA will be called here with the same frequency as say TT-QQ.
I would've liked to see the original post stopped before Hero did anything and then see the responses. Now we see Hero check and BB bet. Ofcourse he has a strong hand this time. And maybe checking is the best overall play because BB will only bet when we're beat. But I won't be as happy seeing this flop check through and the turn come down a K or A and we just gave the pot away the times we are ahead now. There are 15 AK combinations besides AhKh that we are a favorite over before anyone on the flop acts. If you equally weight AA, KK, AK, QQ, and JJ here, that is 6+6+1=13 we are behind (this includes AhKh), 1 we split, 15+6=21 we are ahead of.

I'm going to think about this some more. I see the benefit of checking and letting BB tighten his range down at no cost cost to us, but at the same time I'm not sure it's worth it to check and risk a free card in this pot.